I can't believe football season is already here. It feels like summer just started, but sure enough Minnesota football is back in action this week for their first preseason game of the year! When football season arrives in Minnesota, there are many great things that come with it. So, here is a list of 5 of the best things about football season in MN:
1. Fall Weather. Nothing beats the crisp, fall air on a Sunday morning. Leaves are falling outside your window and you are getting ready to sit on your couch and cheer on your favorite team! Even saying that, just makes me more excited for fall weather.
2. Rivalry Games. We are all Vikes fan, so we know what competition is and the heart racing and adrenaline boosting feeling that comes with it. Our biggest rivalry is against Green Bay, so everyone better be cheering loud when we play them on October 29th and December 31st.
3. Game-day Food. There's truly nothing better than game day food. It doesn't matter if you are eating a pretzel at the stadium or you ordered wings and pizza to your house, the food always hits different on game days.
4. Exciting Matches: The thrill of football season lies in the unpredictability of the games. Exciting matchups and close scores keep us, Fan Girls, on the edge of our seats and make each game a unique experience. I think it's fair to say that Minnesota fans know this exciting feeling and all the ups and downs that come with it, possibly more than any other fanbase in the league. Ha!
5. Community Bonding: Football season can strengthen the sense of community in Minnesota. Whether you're attending games at the stadium or watching with friends and family at home, the shared passion for the sport can foster a strong sense of unity and camaraderie, and that's exactly what Fan Girl is here to do! ;)